Charity Golf Tournament Registration Do’s & Don’ts
- Have lots of volunteers to help
- Create a ‘contest package’ so your golfers can pay one time for all the extra stuff
- Put the goodie bag at the END of the line, so everyone has to at least hear about all the extra stuff before picking up their player gift(s).
- Have a portable credit card machine handy; you don’t want to hear “Sorry, I don’t have any cash.”
- Open registration 2 hours before shotgun starts…taking care of the early birds helps prevent congestion
- Have multiple copies of the pairing sheet handy for ALL the volunteers.
- Coordinate with the Golf Pro about timing for any pre-event activities; lunch, contests, etc.
- Have the Pro make CONTINUAL announcements as to when people need to be in their carts
- Have clear, concise signs explaining what your selling; contests, raffle tickets, mulligans, etc.
- Rehearse with the volunteers; make sure they know what they are doing!
- Get volunteers are out to their holes BEFORE the shotgun begin
- Ignore or skip any of the Do’s!!!!